Monday, June 16, 2014

Positive Affirmation

After reading initial posts, I can see that blogging was my way of writing out my feelings of desperation regarding our upcoming wedding and my fears of dealing with people and my image. One thing that I've been working on is maintaining a positive attitude throughout my day.

To aid me in this, I downloaded an app on my phone that sends me a daily motivational quote. It may sound hokey, but it does help me lift my spirits. Little things happen throughout the day that seem to get me down, so I admit that I need little things throughout the day to help me back up.

I can see that a lot of my desperate thoughts were on an 'all or nothing' line, which is no good when it comes to balance. I find, for me, the key to 'winning' my goals is to remain calm and not over-think things. I can see that I can't have any hard and fast rules, like 'no this or no that' because it creates too much pressure to follow.

Today's quote:

"In the hour of adversity, be not without hope; for crystal rain falls from black clouds."
                                                                                                             - Nizami

Kind of similar to 'Every cloud has a silver lining', it reminds me that there always must be balance. For every good, there is bad. We cannot have one without the other. With hard work accomplishes great things. We cannot have great things without hard work.

Today my hard work plans is to clean house (after such a busy weekend, the house has been neglected!). I will also get my hair cut, and spend some time with my sister (perhaps we will bake something, but more than likely we will sit and gossip)!


Update:
So the next blog post I read, minutes after posting this, was this. Coincidence? 

No comments:

Post a Comment