Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Whoa

Since last year I have gained 20 pounds. I suppose it's not the end of the world, but how does a girl gain all that weight without being pregnant??!?

I'm really ashamed of myself. Last year I worked really hard to lose those 40 pounds. And I worked hard at maintaining it. I know when I lost my job my whole life changed, and there really isn't anything work-wise available around these parts except nurses and daycare workers (which I was not about to start doing - I like to earn money at things that don't involve wiping people's butts or telling a kid that's not my kid to behave), and I fell into a sort of depression. But is that any excuse?? Is it!?

Right now I weight 197 pounds.

I know weight isn't everything, but it sickens me to say type those numbers '197'.

Fuck, I'm so disappointed in myself.

Well, there's only one thing to do, isn't there.

Get myself back on the wagon.

I followed Mark's Daily Apple and the Primal Blueprint, which is how I lost all that weight last year. When I stopped following those blueprints, I gained the weight back.

So, I guess my only choice right this moment is to get back into the primal groove, and figure out why I went off the primal path in the first place.

1. Eat just plants and animals.
2. Avoid poisonous things.
3. Move frequently at a slow pace
4. Lift heavy things
5. Sprint once in a while
6. Get adequate sleep
7. Play
8. Get adequate sunlight
9. Avoid stupid mistakes
10. Use your brain

Holy crap I really have fallen off the wagon. As I was typing all this, my mind is going 'Riiiiiight, totally have not done this' for every law.

Well, this is my checklist. At the end of every day, I need to confab with myself and check off each one. If I haven't done it, then I'll make it a priority for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment